Are you a CPAP/BIPAP user- what should be the ideal schedule of replacement of Support AccessoriesMediKart Team
Properly maintaining your CPAP/BIPAP Accessories Schedule can make a huge difference in how effective your CPAP Or Bilevel therapy is. By consistently following a basic cleaning regimen, you can keep your CPAP mask and machine in good working order. However, parts will inevitably degrade over time and require replacement. Stay on top of your CPAP supply needs with our handy replacement schedule.
This has been learned while interacting with thousands of patients, that 70- 80% of the problems, and issues culminate due to mismanagement of the interface ( mask ) and its perishable accessories!
CPAP/BIPAP Accessories Schedule.
As the therapy devices and their usage are very long terms, we need to be disciplined and use them with a schedule:
Please find hereunder the schedule of replacement of support accessories – this a great Help for Cpap users, Patients & their caregivers
Mask 6 to 12 Months
• The material of the mask loses elasticity over time, causing air to leak.
• Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry.
Cushion 3 to 12 Months
• Cushions break down and lose seal over time.
• Frequent cleanings with proper disinfectants like Control III will increase the life of your cushion.
Headgear 6 to 9 Months
• Over time headgear stretches out requiring over-tightening to keep your mask in place.
• The more you wash headgear the more quickly the elastic wears out.
Tubing 12 Months
• Detach your hose by pulling on the rubber end, not the actual tubing to prevent wear to the cusp.
• Mineral deposits build up over time and compromise air quality and delivery.
Humidifier Chamber 6 to 12 Months
• Mineral deposits built up in your humidifier can be unsanitary and irritating to your sinuses.
• Using distilled water and emptying your chamber each morning will increase the life of your chamber.
Reusable Filters 6 Months
•You can rinse and reuse reusable filters, but you should not use them for more than six months.
• New filters mean cleaner, higher-quality air intake.
Disposable filter 1 Month
•You can only replace fine filters, washing them is not possible.
• Due to the fact that these filters trap small particles, they need to be replaced regularly.