Most common Replaceable Accessories of CPAP MasksManoj Kukreja
Accessories for CPAP Masks
The CPAP mask is an essential part of the CPAP machine which delivers streams of air directly into your nose or mouth. CPAP masks should be as comfortable as possible while also providing a complete seal around your nose and/or mouth (without leaving marks on your face or irritating your skin). CPAP masks exist in a variety of forms and sizes as different people have different facial structures and sizes.
There are different types of masks available in the market for people who are diagnosed with sleep apnea. There are mainly three types of CPAP masks that are prescribed by doctors when treating patients:
- Full Face Masks
- Nasal Masks
- Nasal Pillow Masks
In this article, we’re going to talk about all the replaceable parts of a CPAP therapy mask.
Replaceable parts of a CPAP therapy mask
- Mask Headgear
- Headgear is a crucial part of the CPAP mask
- It keeps your mask in position
- Allows you to adjust your mask
- A securely fit headgear also helps in preventing any leaks
CPAP headgear can be as basic as a single band that wraps over the back of your head, or it can be as complex as a cradle form with many connection points and contouring straps.
- Mask cushion
- Point of facial contact
- Provides comfort
- Prevents air leaks by creating a seal in the mask
There are 2 types of mask cushions: Silicone cushions and Gel cushion
- Mask Tubing
- Connects the CPAP machine to the CPAP mask
- Delivers steady and consistent air pressure
- Available in different lengths and flexibility
All CPAP masks and tube connections are universal i.e. they are of the exact same size. Many brands produce CPAP tubes like Philips Respironics, Resmed, DeVilbiss, etc.
- Headgear Clips
- Helps in adjusting the headgear and connects it to the frame
- Unique to particular masks
- Comes in pairs
Leave a Reply